Wrinkles, loose skin, and lack of elasticity which leads to loose hanging skin are effectively treated with aggressive skincare. Fine wrinkle lines are the one feature most significantly improved. The finer the lines that are present, the more effective the treatment will be. Deeper lines, loose skin, and loss of elasticity are also improved and softened. This program is often begun prior to surgery and continued afterwards to preserve your plastic surgery results.
Your examination will range from mild fine wrinkle lines and textural superficial wrinkles to very loose skin and lack of elasticity, with many levels in between. All degrees of laxity can be improved.
Program Basics and Overview
This is the basic outline for treating wrinkles and loose skin. It will be modified according to your expectations, history, anatomy, and lifestyle.
- Medical Peel. This is mostly to smooth fine lines, tightens the skin, and removes some of the superficial pigmentation. It also helps to exfoliate and prepare the skin for better penetration of products.
- Begin the Products. This is the combination of Retin-A and hydroquinone that is highly customized to your skin and lifestyle and very effective at tightening skin but also helps in removing pigment.
- Home Program. This will of course be necessary and customized.
- Repeat Peels. This may be helpful to accelerate the results and provide smoother skin.
- Intensify and Customize Products. Depending on your motivations and skin condition we will constantly monitor the dosages of Retin-A and other products.
- Maintenance. Once your results are obtained, you will only need to use the creams 2-3 times a week and maybe occasional peels.