Dr. Romano employs a brow lift procedure to enable patients to achieve a younger, more refreshed look by smoothing the forehead, reducing frown lines, and elevating the position of the eyebrow line. His “natural”-appearing brow lift is often performed in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures to achieve a more harmonious facial appearance. A brow lift is also appropriate for treatment of certain inherited traits. Younger adults who have a low brow or who already have deep frown lines due to stress or over activity of muscles may benefit from the brow lift procedure as well.
- Sagging or low position of the eyebrows, creating a tired or sad appearance
- Deep horizontal creases across the forehead
- Frown lines, or furrows, between the eyebrows and sometimes across the top of the nose
Dr. Romano Explains
Patients come to me requesting this surgery because they are concerned that their friends ask them, “Why are you sad?” or “Why are you angry?” when they really are not.
It is very reasonable and common to want these features improved. I understand how much these features disturb patients. Most patients have these common complaints when requesting brow lift surgery. Other concerns include excessive forehead wrinkling from holding up the eyebrows, difficulty seeing upward from excess skin pushing down the eyelids, deep lines between the eyebrows, and styling hair over the forehead to hide wrinkle lines. The anatomy of the forehead is intimately involved with the hairline above and the eyebrows/upper eyelids below, so taken together there are many different anatomic features of each of these areas that must be addressed prior to your surgery. I will coordinate the features of your anatomy with your expectations, formulate a plan with you, and guide you through this process. There are numerous different techniques and incisions to use, so brow lift surgery is more artistic, more natural, and safer than ever before.
The surgery involved in brow lift and forehead rejuvenation in my practice involves:
- Open (Incision): Brow lift in which an incision is made at the hairline or behind. The sagging tissues are disconnected down to the eyebrow level and raised up. Then the excess is trimmed, and the incision is sewn up.
- Closed (Endoscopic): Brow lift in which four to five incisions are used to insert a camera and instruments just behind the hairline to disconnect the sagging tissues and raise them up.
- Reversal of Brow Lift: For patients who have already had a procedure and the eyebrows are too high or too arched, the procedure can at times be reversed.
- Browpexy: This is a great subset of brow lift in which a brow lift can be performed through the upper eyelid incision, lifting only the eyebrows. Browpexy is used when the forehead is not experiencing too much sagging.
Virtually immediately after surgery you see your result, and it just gets better with time. All of the stitches are comfortably removed in five to seven days, and the recovery is rapid, with return to work in as little as four days and to some physical exercise within the first week.