James J. Romano, MD
- Each human eyelash lives an average of five to six months. The phase of the hair follicle and terminal hair (anagen) lasts two to three months. At the end of the eyelash growth, a brief transition stage of two to three weeks follows (catagen), with shortening of the hair follicle. Finally, the follicle enters a resting phase (telogen) of two to three months, leading to the detachment of the eyelash. Approximately 60 to 80 percent of the eyelashes are in the anagen phase. Several growth factors are involved with hair follicle growth and cycling. Androgens are the principal hormones that control sexual hair growth by receptors localized in the dermal papilla, but eyelashes seem not to be sensitive.
- Topical latanoprost, an analog of prostaglandin F2 used to reduce the ocular pressure in glaucoma, has been showed to increase the number, length, thickness, curvature, and pigmentation of eyelashes in a series of patients. The ability of prostaglandin F2 and analogues to act as a growth factor or mitogen may explain the enhanced growth pattern of eyelashes in these patients.
- Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash is the commercial product equivalent to latanoprost.
- This product allows eyelashes to re-grow even when formerly unable, as long as the hair follicle is still present.
- Works for thin, sparse, or short eyelashes or eyebrows.
- For whatever reason you have lost eyelashes or eyebrows, this product will cure this condition.
Everyone is a candidate as long as the hair follicles are intact, if you have:
- Already long eyelashes and you just want them longer or fuller or curved.
- Short, thinning or completely missing eyelashes, as in alopecia areata or other medical conditions.
- Lost eyelashes and eyebrows from chemotherapy.
- Lost eyebrows from over-plucking.
- Undergone eyelash surgery or trauma and have absent or thinner eyelashes or eyebrows.
- Been without eyebrows or eyelashes for even ten years or longer.
- Lengthens, curls, and thickens all eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Works even in the presence of tattoos.
- Does not irritate the eyes.
- Feel of lashes is softer, silky, and curlier. (No need for curling mascara or eyelash perms).
- Gel-like product that applies easily.
- Eyeliner brush like applicator.
- Apply every evening. Use applicator to apply gel across upper and lower lash lines as though you are applying eyeliner. Do not get product in eyes. Discontinue if redness or irritation occurs.
- Use makeup during day as you normally do. Apply product at night anytime. It is better if your eye makeup is removed before application, but it still works either way.
- One tube will last approximately six months if it is being applied to the eyelashes only. A tube will last approximately three months if it is being applied to both the eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Longer, fuller, thicker, darker, noticeably lush eyelashes.
- Eyelash growth cycle is much faster than hair (30 days to 6 months). How quickly you start to see the result depends on the point in time of your hair growth cycle that you begin the treatment. EVERYONE responds to some degree or other. The product brings your hair cycle growth into synchrony.
- The product starts working in one to two weeks. You will see a noticeable difference in four to six weeks with changes that are measurable. A dramatic change is seen by twelve weeks.
- 80 percent of eyelashes grow in darker.
- Research reveals this product exceeds patient expectations by 150 percent.
- Using this product replaces the need for lash extensions.